January 31, 2022
The Ohio Department of Health has changed the guidelines for COVID-19 related to contact tracing. The guidance states that schools no longer need to perform contact tracing of students or staff after a positive case is reported.
What has changed:
- If your child is a contact of a positive person (case) inside or outside of the school setting, we ask that you still report that to the school nurse.
- The school will implement the Mask to Stay/Test to Play guidance.
- Your child can still attend school as long as they remain asymptomatic.
- They must wear a mask for 10 days from the last date of contact with the positive person.
- No contact tracing will be conducted in the school or for school activities.
What has not changed:
- A parent or guardian is still required to report if your child is positive for COVID-19 to school within 24 hours.
- The school will still monitor the level of illness and positive COVID-19 cases reported to the school.
- If an increase in cases is detected interventions could be implemented.
- The school will still notify the families and community when there is a positive case reported.
Please keep in mind that during the winter months there is usually an increase in illnesses.
Please continue to screen your child in the morning and if they are ill, please keep them home from school.
Please encourage them to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer especially after using the restroom and before lunch.
You can download a copy of this letter here.