According to the Ohio Revised Code 3313.666 & Board Policy 5527.01:
Harassment, intimidation, or “bullying" means either of the following:
- (a) Any intentional written, verbal, electronic, or physical act that a student has exhibited toward another particular student more than once and the behavior both:
- (i) Causes mental or physical harm to the other student;
- (ii) Is sufficiently severe, persistent, or pervasive that it creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive educational environment for the other student.
- (b) Violence within a dating relationship.
Further, the ORC outlines a requirement that the district administration semi-annually provide the president of the district board a written summary of all reported incidents and post the summary on its website, if the district has a website.
How to report bullying and safety issues:
- Anonymous Bullying/Safety Tipline: 330.755.8220
- Anonymous Safer Ohio School Tip Line (accepts calls and texts 24/7): 844.723.3764 (844-SAFEROH)
- Online at: struthers.tipline.info
- Complete the Formal Bullying Reporting Form Electronically
- Download the Formal Bullying Reporting Form (to complete and return to building administrator)
- Review the SCS Harassment Reporting/Responding Protocol