Like Us on Facebook
Struthers Federal Credit Union
Read-A-Thon 2021 will be February 4 - 17!
Students who achieve their reading goals during this time period and return their completed logs will receive a gift card for a FREE chicken sandwich or kid's meal, generously provided by our local Chick-fil-A! These students will also be entered to WIN a pair of wireless headphones and mouse that they can use with their chromebooks! (2 sets of prizes per grade will be awarded)
Students participating should return this form by February 3.
Reading logs are due February 18.
Reading that counts:
- Reading before and after school and during recess.
- Free time reading in the classroom.
- Other people reading aloud to you.
- Reading aloud to other people. If you read to your friend or your brother or sister, it counts for both of you!
- Reading aloud to the cat, the dog, or the fish.
- Reading in a tree, on the bus, in the car, on an airplane, in a hotel and under the bed covers with a flashlight.
- Assigned reading for homework and book report reading.
- Reading comic books, newspapers, or magazines.
- Reading in another language.
Reading that doesn’t count:
- Reading before the official beginning of the Read-A-Thon doesn’t count.
- Reading after the official ending of the Read-A-Thon doesn’t count.
- Assigned reading during class time doesn’t count
- Reading the same book more than once does not count.
- Reading that you think you will do in the future if you have extra time does not count.
- Use the clock, a timer or stopwatch to keep track of your reading time. No guessing or rounding up minutes.
- Keep your reading log form handy at all times
Download a printable copy of these rules here.
Fri March 5
End of Second Twelve Weeks
Mon March 15
Thu April 1
Fri April 2
Sun April 4
Mon April 5
Tue April 6
Fri May 28
Last Day of School
Fri May 28
Early Release Day
Mon May 31